Established in 2015, Foundation Tamar’s purpose is to work with women and girls survivors of Sexual Violence – specifically within the Democratic Republic of The Congo (DRC, D.R. Congo). Our general activities include workshops and coaching courses on personal development.
Genital lesions, traumatic fistulae, unwanted pregnancies, and sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV) result from Sexual and Gender-based Violence. They render survivors marginalised, abandoned, and most times despised by families and communities at large in The DRC. We believe we have a responsibility to create radical change for women and girls who have faced these traumas.
Over the years we have toured institutions across Europe, Asia and Africa to discuss Consent Culture and the empowerment of vulnerable women.
- provide psychological support through holistic healing services
- provide general physical examination for genital trauma
- provide clinical after treatment for STDs, Hepatitis B and HIV
- provide treatment where diagnostic of PTSD is given, both psychosocially and pharmacologically
- work on the prevention of rape in The D.R. Congo
- help integrate victims back into society following holistic programs